Header Ads

Header Ads

[New post] Want a Better Sex Life? Take This 3-Minute Quiz!

Every couple needs to check in on their sex-life every once in a while. But doesn’t initiating a conversation about sex feel like a big, heavy prospect? It always seems like emotions run high, the discussion runs long, and sometimes we simply don’t have the time to have a deeply-involved conversation about sex.

Instead, try this quick and simple assessment of the current state of your sex-life (with your current partner). This will help get conversations flowing faster – because you’ll already know what you’re thinking and feeling. It’ll also help you be clearer about the topics you’d like to discuss.

And remember! If there's a topic or two you find yourself really wanting to avoid with your partner... this is useful information for you! It indicates that this particular area of sexualitymakes you uncomfortable… and the fact that it makes you uncomfortable could very well be a topic of discussion in and of itself.

For each question below, reflect upon whether you'd answer the question, "True," "False," or "Unsure."

Question #1) I’m comfortable talking with my partner about sex.
Question #2) I’m happy with our frequency of sex, but not the quality.
Question #3) I’m happy with our quality of sex, but not the frequency.
Question #4) Overall the sex is good, but initiating sex is a problem.
Question #5) I feel emotionally connected to my partner when we’re having sex.
Question #6) I feel emotionally connected to my partner but I believe I have a lower sex drive biologically.
Question #7) I believe my partner finds me physically attractive.
Question #8) I feel good about how my body looks.
Question #9) My partner and I don’t really kiss or make out anymore.
Question #10) I felt more passion towards my partner earlier in our relationship.
Question #11) I would like to do more physically intimate activities with my partner besides sex, i.e. cuddle, hold hands.
Question #12) I don’t know how to turn down sex with my partner without hurting his/her feelings. 
Question #13) I resent feeling required to have sex with my partner.
Question #14) I need something non-sexual from my partner to get aroused, i.e. more help around the house, more intimate conversation.
Question #15) There are things that I know turn me on that my partner doesn’t know about.  

How are you feeling after reading these questions? Take a quick moment to assess your overall mood after reading them – are you anxious, sad, joyful, maybe even a little… in the mood? This is the overall tone of your current sex-life with your partner.

If you’re not happy with the overall tone, start communicating about what would make you more satisfied. Let this assessment be your guide!

No comments: